We are really excited to be announcing our first ever TeachMeet at Ivy Chimneys Primary School!
With changes to the National Curriculum, particularly with ICT and Computing, we want to take the opportunity to talk about how schools have responded and the work they are now doing in schools. The aim of the TeachMeet is to share best practice and ideas about how to introduce new concepts, such as coding, in primary education.
If you wish to attend, please contact email@example.com and we will add your name to the list of attendees.
If you have something exciting to present to the group, please be brave and take the opportunity to present the great work you do. Don't assume that what you do is what is taking place in all schools. It probably isn't and there is lots to be learnt from sharing what you do!
When is it?
Thursday 2nd October. Starting at 4pm. There will be refreshments at the beginning so please be prompt!
Where is it being held?
Ivy Chimneys Primary School
Ivy Chimneys Road
Find us on Google Maps
We are a 10 minute walk from Epping Tube Station on the Central Line.
Parking is available in our two car parks or on the road.
staff at Ivy Chimneys Primary School
staff at Theydon Bois Primary School
staff at Lamboune Primary School
staff at High Ongar Primary School
staff at Chipping Ongar Primary School
staff at Matching Green Primary School
staff at The White Bridge Infant School
1. Jonathan Furness - Coding with Raspberry Pi
2. Claire Snailham - a brief tour of iPad Apps / Class Dojo / blogging
3. Jo Hodgkinson - Rising Stars and iPad
4. David Bower - Code Club and Code Club Pro
5. Caroline Dunn, Sophie Marran, Rowie Briggs - Espresso, Mathletics, Education City
6. Ian Blyth - Using the Smartboard to Teach Phonics
7. Kim Gray - TBC
8. Rachel Thomson - Using Scratch in the Primary Curriculum
9. TBC - Interactive screens in the Primary Classroom
Please tell us you are coming by filling in the registration form
Thank you to Proactive who are sponsoring this event.